It has been a few interesting months since Eltje and I decided to set sail in search for the “Chill Haven”. Our journey has taken us deep into the heart of … your guessed it …. data … yes, good old data.
You got to appreciate that we have both just emerged from a long life in the corporate business world and still have this lingering need to find data, to crush it, and let it point us in the “right” direction. At this stage still a bit more left brain 🙂
We have about 12 months to finalise what we want to do and where, and launch the business. Trust me “we have lots to do and too little time” …. ALREADY !!!! But we have already learnt form one of our Island Gurus that “there is plenty of time” …. so no stress :-)))
Allow us to offer you a high level overview of our activities the next months.
- We have been in the process of accumulating data and information to help us better understand a part of the world we have only visited on holidays.
- We have developed an analysis approach to use this information to help prioritise a short list of locations.
- In parallel we have several business concepts that need prioritising and final one selected.
- The above 3 points are based on previous visits to these countries and the data obtained through desk research. Desk research can only tell one so much. The natural next step is then to go to the locations identified with the concepts selected to evaluate the practicalities and then finalise the Real-Win-Worth.
- Thereafter the entire preparation for launch commences.
In the next two posts we would like to share a bit more about how we are going about, using available data to (a) identify the right location for, (b) the winning business concept.
BTW – By the end of this year we will both be fully dedicated to our journey, meaning we will have lots more to share with you, more often … so keep posted.
If you think of something we have overlooked, please do not hesitate to tell us 😉
Ciao for now, go easy.